Surrogacy is a rewarding and inspirational experience for everyone it touches, but it also takes a special kind of woman to become a successful gestational surrogate. A qualified surrogate mother is one that is not only physically capable of handling the pregnancy itself, but also mentally, emotionally, and financially prepared to handle everything else that goes along with it. Trust and integrity are key, and honest and open communication is a must.
We take pride in the high standard of care we provide for both our surrogate mothers and our intended parents, and due to the sensitive and life-changing nature of the surrogacy experience, we employ a careful screening process designed to ensure that only the best possible applicants participate. Surrogacy Agency in Massachusetts’s thorough screening process begins with our preliminary surrogate requirements.
Surrogacy Agency in Massachusetts Gestational Surrogate Requirements
- Applicant must be between the ages of 21 and 39
- Applicant must have at least one complication free pregnancy and delivery
- Applicant must be healthy and of an appropriate weight for her height
- Applicant must not smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, or use drugs
- Applicant must have reliable transportation and reside in Massachusetts
- Applicant must not have ever been convicted of a felony
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or have a green card
- Applicant must not currently be receiving public assistance
If an applicant meets these preliminary requirements, she will be interviewed to determine if she meets our advanced requirements. Once a surrogate has been determined to meet all of our requirements, she will be placed in our pool of available surrogate mothers and is ready to be matched with intended parents.
If you’re interested in becoming a surrogate mother with the Surrogacy Agency in Massachusetts and meet the requirements, we want to hear from you! Simply fill out the easy online application and a case manager will be in touch soon to discuss the next steps.