The Pros and Cons of Surrogacy
It is natural for any intended parent or aspiring surrogate to undergo stress and anxiety. The intended parents deal with the distress of infertility and the aspiring surrogate yearns to become a surrogate mother. The fundamental pros and cons of surrogacy are always good information to know by both the intended parents and the surrogate mother. Knowing these facts will be very helpful in empowering them to make the right decision and know for certain if surrogacy is really the right choice. This guide will present you with the pros and cons of surrogacy.
- As a result of surrogacy, intended parents with fertility problems now have the opportunity to have their genetically related baby.
- Intended parents can also choose their surrogate mother, according to their preference and requirements.
- Surrogacy offers intended parents with added support during the pregnancy – the surrogate mother will assist and alleviate some of their stress.
- Because surrogacy is not widely accepted by many, there are people who may criticize or question the intended parents and surrogate mother.
- The surrogacy process is a very long one. The surrogate mother will have to go through many medical procedures, which may induce a lot of frustration and distress.
- For intended parents, the cost of the entire surrogacy journey is very expensive because not all medical charges are covered by the insurance company.
There are many pros and cons of surrogacy. However, given the above-stated advantages, many brush aside the disadvantages because of the lasting and enduring benefits that surrogacy gives to the intended parents and the surrogate mothers.